FAQs + Support
Black lives matter and we firmly stand against systemic racism and racial profiling. This commitment is unequivocal. Our goal at Nuuly is to serve our customers with grace, dignity and fairness, and in turn, build a better community.
Speaking up is important. Listening is important. Actions are a profound way to show that you have done—and are continuing to do—both. The actions that we, and the executive leadership of URBN, our parent company, have taken are outlined below, with more to come:
- Efforts to help rebuild and grow businesses in Black communities, especially in our home city of Philadelphia.
- A $100,000 donation to the United Negro College Fund. The company also matched—and tripled—all employee donations to the Fund, as well as to the following organizations:
The Innocence Project
The Antiracist Research & Policy Center
Equal Justice Initiative
- An external third-party conducted a thorough investigation and review of store practices.
- All store associates and managers received mandatory diversity, inclusion and implicit bias training, conducted by external experts. Home Office teams are participating in similar training.
- A committee has been created, in partnership with the executive team and outside consultants, to develop a holistic diversity and inclusion strategy across all URBN brands and shared service departments.
- Recruiting efforts at Historically Black Colleges and Universities have been expanded to support our commitment to attracting and hiring a more diverse internal and external workforce. Additionally, URBN will sponsor a full four-year scholarship for a young Black student pursuing studies in fashion design.
We are committed to building an even more inclusive brand that inspires, uplifts and reflects our diverse community. We value the perspectives of each and every one of our subscribers and welcome you to share any questions or feedback with us at firstname.lastname@example.org .